Sunday, March 16, 2014

Summary C4T #2

This is Heidi Siwak.Image of Heidi SiwakClick here to see her blog
She is a middle school teacher in Canada. The first week I read Ms.Siwak blog she took students to the Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat in Toronto. She demonstrates how research was shown on communication pattern. Ms. Siwak then took this research back to her class and shared it with them. She had them do a similar project. I found it interesting that the students were explaining their conversations by what the one student had drawn in the pattern.
Image of a chalk board with ABC on it
This image came from here

I went back to her blog two weeks later. Ms.Siwak posted about how to get to students to come up with more creative ideas. She told her students to break up in pairs. She then gave them all Oreo cookies and told them to discuss how many different ways you can eat an Oreo cookie. Ms.Siwak then told her students to eat their cookie without using their hands. I love this idea she explains how many different ideas her students were coming up with. I really think this is a wonderful idea to get students thinking more creatively. I commented and told her I hope to use this idea in my future class room.

No comments:

Post a Comment