Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog Post #3

When editing your peers, being positive is a very important factor. I learned in the clip, What Is Peer Editing?, It is imperative to be polite when commenting about your peers papers because there is no need to hurt someone’s feelings during the process. I learned from Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial,by Adriana Zardini, you need to compliment your peer’s paper. Personally, I am not one to hurt another person’s feelings. I do not feel comfortable giving someone negative criticism. If anything, I prefer to be constructive.

There are several things to look over while editing your peers paper such as grammar, punctuation, spelling. In my opinion, peer editing is a very good activity for students aspiring to be teachers. I like for someone to read my papers before I turn them in to an instructor. They can find errors that I have missed. In return, I can turn in a better product. It is important to add positive feedback when editing which I saw in the clip Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. This will improve the writers confidence and will help them through the writing process.

Image of graduate on books I found this image here

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you have said! Peer editing is a very important aspect of teaching and of this class! The only thing I would have changed about this post is the way the picture is positioned. After you choose what picture you want to put on your post you can select how you want it positioned (right, left, or center). Other than that I thought it was a great post!

    ReplyDelete