Sunday, February 16, 2014

Blog Post #5

For this blog we watched videos of Mr.Capps. He is a third grade teacher at Gulfshores Elementary school. He was discussing with Dr.Strange the direction that Baldwin County public schools are going in with teaching. He talked about the different tools the students were learning use for research and to help them better when they have projects. One of these tools was called Icurio. Icurio is a safe,and easier way for students to search the web. Icurio filters out the bad sites that students should not get on. I am a parent to a 4th grade student who attends a public school in Baldwin county. I liked watching the videos of Mr.Capps. I know my son will be bringing home a Mac Book this week. I loved hearing all the new things our school systems are coming up with to make sure our kids are getting the best education possible. The icurio is one of the best ideas I have heard. In my opinion, icurio sounds like a safe search tool for students. Mr.Capps also discussed a tool called Discover Ed. This is where the students can upload educational videos to help them with projects as well. I liked the projects he discussed as well. Mr.Capps seems to be leading his classroom in the right direction. I do think children learn better when they are more hands on. Mr.Capps also gave some good advice to future teachers like "Never limit your students". Mr.Capps also says "Let your work become a fun experience". I agree with that statement. Kids now are so different than they used to be. My son can work my ipad,computer,smartphone better than I. I am amazed with the way technology is going. I am also amazed at how much my child is learning in school using technology. I think PBL is leading these students to have very bright futures.
picture of a chalk board that says education equals future This image came from here

2 comments:

  1. "…they have projects. one of these…" Capitalize One

    You can see the effect first hand. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I liked how you connected his blogs to your personal experience with your son. I agree with you that PBL is helping the children. The only thing I would say is to make sure you put the links. Good job!

    ReplyDelete